Below is the recipe I used. I got this online but I forgot to save the link. So sorry. But here it is:
Orange Chiffon CakeIngredients: (for 8″ chiffon cake pan)
1 1/4 Cups (115g) Cake Flour
3/4 tsp Baking powder
5 egg yolks
1/8 cup (30g) castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
60ml Corn oil
85ml Warm orange juice - (I replaced this with a teaspoon of coffee and a teaspoon of cocoa mixed in 85ml of milk)
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence or 2 tsp Rum
5 egg whites
1/4 Cups (50g) castor sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1. Sieve flour and baking powder.
2. Whisk egg yolk, sugar and salt until creamy and light in colour.
3. Add in corn oil, warm orange juice and rum.
4. Fold in the flour mixture gently. Add in orange and lime zest. Leave aside.
5. Beat egg white until big bubbles formed.
6. Sprinkle cream of tartar and beat till it is white in color
7. Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
8. Fold 1/2 of the egg white mixture into egg yolk and flour mixture till well-mixed.
9. Pour (8) into the remaining egg white mixture and fold till well-mixed.
10. Bake at 330F for 45 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven and invert the cake on a cooling rack.
For the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting I used the recipe below.
1 cup shortening
1 stick butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Heavy Cream
|My Two Layer Orange and Mocha Chiffon Cake crumb coated and filled with Vanilla Buttercream|
|As I started piping the rosettes using my Ateco 885 decorating tip. However, Ateco #856 decorating tip will create a beautiful rose too.|