I got this recipe from Panlasang Pinoy, a site with lots of Filipino food recipes.
4 cups flour, sifted
2 cups sugar, sifted
2 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 cup evaporated milk
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 piece egg, raw
small slices of cheese
4 cups water (for steaming)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients starting from the flour, sugar,and baking powder then mix well.
- Add the butter, evaporated milk, egg, water and pandan essence (dissolve the pandan essence in water) then mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture in individual molds
- If you are using non – quick melt Filipino brand cheese, You may put the cheese on top of the mixture otherwise put the cheese on top after steaming (step 6)
- Pour the water in the steamer.
- Arrange the molds in the steamer then steam for about 20 minutes
- If you are using quick melt cheese,remove the cover of the steamer and top each puto with quick melt cheese then continue steaming (with the cover on) for 2 to 5 minutes
- Remove from the mold and arrange in a serving plate
- Serve either hot or cold. This goes well with dinuguan
Share and Enjoy!